Using Technology to support learning is a useful idea, but sometimes it is difficult to induce teachers to Embrace Change. Notice that I didn’t say Embrace Technology. Change will only happen when educators believe that there is a reason to change and that it will make a positive difference in their students’ learning. This applies to changes in using technology or pedagogy or subject matter – whatever.
- Ban Alternatives for a Week.
- Devote Time to Adding Content.
- Designate an Ambassador.
- Share Student Voices.
- Preserve Existing Routines. (at first)
- Put Resources in a Clean Package.
- Sync Your Account.
- Separate Initial Goals from Long-Term Goals.
- Tech Tuesday.
- Make It Fun.
Leave a comment and keep the discussion going.