It’s summer and it’s time for rejuvenation and renewal. My summer class is complete. I have given my presentations at ISTE ’12. School doesn’t begin until August 20. This gives me some time for some professional development. I am constantly learning every day, but this is my opportunity to identify some specific short term goals for PD.
I was just reading Clif Mim’s blog, Clif’s Notes, where he was talking about setting some personal PD goals for the summer. He has set this up as a blog meme (or template) that he could share it with other bloggers. He has challenged his colleagues to identify their personal professional development goals and share them with the world.
How can I pass up a challenge like this? The more important question is how can YOU pass up a challenge like this as well?
Here’s the deal. I will begin by telling you how you can post this on your blog (copied from Clif’s blog) and then share my short-term goals for the next couple of months.
NOTE: You do NOT have to wait to be tagged to participate in this meme.
- Pick 1-3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/03/2012).
- Post the above directions and these guidelines along with your 1-3 goals on your blog or preferred social media platform (Facebook, Google+, Posterous, etc.).
- Link back/trackback to http://tinyurl.com/pdmeme
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme2012.
- Twitter about your progress using the #pdmeme2012 hashtag.
- Tag 5 or more educators to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
- Submit an article concerning TPACK to a refereed journal.
- Create a preliminary proposal for my learning and millennials book.
- Explore Google+ and create a social presence through Google+
- Explore Google Hangout and have at least one session with “friends.” (This may be too formalized, but it is a beginning.)
Other Bloggers I Tag . . .
- Chris Betcher
- Vicki Davis
- Rob Galloway
- Steve Hargadon
- Angela Maiers
- Scott McLeod
- Miss Noor
- Kathy Schrock
- Vinnie Vrotney
- Dave Warlick
I encourage the rest of you readers (both of you) to take up this challenge as well.
Do it! It will induce you to learn something new and challenge me to address my short-term goals as well.
If you decide to join us, leave a note in the comments along with a link to your posting.
Leave a comment and keep the discussion going.