Today I have the opportunity to share my ideas and experiences with doing just that. I will work with educators at the Iowa Technology and Education Connection conference in Des Moines. It should be a rocking event.
Here are some of the materials I used and the resources I have consulted for this presentation. Some of the materials I will be covering are also covered in previous Dr. Z Reflects postings so you will find some links at the bottom of this post.
Rube Goldberg-Related Resources:
- Videos – Shown before the presentation.
- Invent Tomorrow Links – List of the links I used sharing Rube Goldberg resources.
- Rube Goldberg Ideas video – List of videos that you can use to give your students ideas about the simple machines that create an invention.
- Video version of this lecture at K-12 Online Conference – This is a 20-minute version of this presentation that I submitted to the K-12 Online Conference.
- Nationalacademies – STEM Integration in K-12 Education – GREAT 4 minute video!!
- StemAdvantage.org – Good source for STEM Stats
- TeachThought – Incredible Education Blog
- Difference between Projects and Project-Based Learning
- Buck Institute for Education – Leading resource for Problem-Based Learning
- Rube Goldberg Inc. – The company that supports Rube Goldberg projects.
- Purdue University 2014 Rube Goldberg Winners – See how University students create “Complex Chain Reactions to Achieve Simple Tasks.”
Leave a comment and keep the discussion going.