Today I have the opportunity to provide a session at The Way Up XXV conference in Des Moines. This is an opportunity for about 100 women from Iowa higher education to experience learning opportunities in seeking leadership. It is a wonderful opportunity for networking both professionally and personally.
I am sharing my ideas about how we can best address our Millennial students’ needs.
Here are the resources that I used. If you have additional ideas, please add them to the comments below.
We will be using technology throughout the session so let’s begin with some of the opening resources:
Twitter: If anyone is twittering, we will use the hashtag #WayUpXXV. When you tweet, include this hashtag in your message so that others can follow along with your ideas. If you want to see what was posted, click on the hashtag above and it will show you what has been said.
Collaborative Notes: We will also use collaborative note taking. This is a Google Doc that I created and then laid open to the world for anyone to edit. This means that you just need to click on the link and it will take you to the Google Doc. You don’t have to sign-in but you will be known as Anonymous???? when you are entering your ideas. Go ahead and add the info that you find interesting. Go out on the web during the session to find relevant information and add the link to the document.
Making Learning Meaningful for Millennials Slideshow.
You can review the slideshow at slideshare.com.
Who Are the Millenials?
- Millennials: Confident. Connected. Open to Change. (article)
- Echo Boomers video by L. Franklin Devine
Readings, Watchings, Listenings and Doings
- Emerging Instructional Technologies
- Educational Technology and Design
- Seminar: How to Write a Grad Paper
- Selection and Integration of Instructional Technologies
- Boomers, Gen-Xers and Millennials: Understanding the New Students. (article)
- Is Google Making Us Stupid? (article)
- How Millennial Are You? (quiz)
- Networked Student (video)
Personal Learning Network
- Partnership for 21st Century Skills
- Iowa CORE Curriculum
- Alternate Reality – World Without Oil
- 3D GameLab (Boise State University)
I hope that this session has been useful for you. I am interested in knowing if and how this material has been useful to you. I hope that this is just the beginning of our connection.
- Subscribe to this blog using the link in the right column.
- Send me an email at email@example.com
- Follow me on Twitter: @zeitz
- Let’s visit on Skype: leighzeitz
How else can I help you?
Leave a comment and keep the discussion going.