You have heard about the most successful Educational Twitter Chat in Iowa. It is #IAedchat.
- #IAedchat wiki – This is where it all begins
- IowaTransformED – Good intro to #IAedchat by Shawn Cornally
- #IAedchat Storified – Aaron Becker captured each of the TweetChat sessions using Storify. You can experience sessions gone past right here. Maybe you want some specifics about something that you remember from a previous session – Storify.
#IAedchat Begins at 7:30 this week.
Here are the Steps for Getting Involved with the Math in America discussion on Sunday.
- Turn on your computer at night
- Open browser and go to http://tchat.io (This is a TweetChat tool. There are others, but I find this to be the most efficient.)
- Sign in (upper right corner)
- Enter the hashtag #iaedchat
- You will probably see older tweets. The number at the right of a tweet (i.e., ) will tell you how long ago the tweet was posted.
- Play with it a little bit. Post tweets (remember that tchat.io will enter your hashtag automatically after you sign-in.)
- Click on the icons to the right of a posting (Reply, Retweet, Quote, Favorite)
- As people begin to appear, greet them with “Hello @casas_jimmy” or whoever appears.
- As the session begins, you will see the coordinators posting questions for the whole group to answer. Post your own questions.
Most importantly, you want to have fun and see how your PLN can expand by attending a session like this at least a couple of times per month.
Share with us your past experiences with #IAedchat or come back and talk with us after this session.
Leave a comment and keep the discussion going.