Here are some additional resources to supplement the materials that I have provided on my presentation wiki.
- Selection and Integration: Readings/Listenings/Watchings/Doings – Use a blog for listing assignments for class.
- Blog-bib – An annotated bibliography on blogging.
- Weekly Teacher Blog – 3rd grade teacher’s blog. This is the electronic version of the Friday newsletter for parents. Notice that there is no commenting capacity.
- Mrs. Sempek’s Wonderful 4th Grade Class – A look at the classroom from the students’ eyes. Recent posts show sign language. Look at the Sept and Oct posts to see their writings.
- Keying In – Mrs. Olson reflects on “Practicing Keyboarding While Communicating with the World.” This is for the students and their parents and the rest of the world.
- A Trip to Burritt on the Mountain – Takes the 4th grade students on a virtual visual and textual tour of a museum before they visit so that they will get more from the experience.
- BG Blogging – Creative Writing blogging from Middlebury University
Overall Blogging Examples
- Keyboarding Research and Resources – Used a blog to create a database of research that is searchable by tags/labels.
- Dr. Z Reflects – Dr. Z’s humble attempt at blogging.
- Edu.blogs.com – Evan McIntosh. Comments/reflects on using tech in ed.
- Captain’s Blog – Journal of Captain Mark Bromwich in Afghanistan.
- Google Reader – Google’s great aggregator for blogs. You must have a Google account for this to work.
- Bloglines Reader – On-line RSS Feed Reader. Get an account.
- Technorati – This is the Google for Blogs.
- Google Blog Search – This is the Blog search for Google.
Leave a comment and keep the discussion going.